If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, you should talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer Towson, MD residents trust. A motorcycle accident can negatively affect your life in several ways, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A lawyer can help you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Damages in a Motorcycle Case
Getting hurt in a motorcycle accident can be a very traumatic experience. Although you can’t erase the accident, pursuing damages in a lawsuit can help ease the financial burden. Here are some common damages in a motorcycle case:
- Medical Bills: Since motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle, they are more likely to suffer severe injuries during an accident, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can easily result in tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
- Lost Wages: If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you will likely have to take some time off work to recover. If your injury rendered you disabled, you may never be able to return to work again.
- Property Damage: If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, it’s likely that your motorcycle got severely damaged. It may require repairs or complete replacement.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering may refer to physical or mental pain that resulted from a motorcycle accident. For instance, you may walk with a limp now or have trouble falling asleep because of your anxiety.
Common Motorcycle Accidents Injuries
As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Towson, MD can confirm, severe injuries during motorcycle accidents are common. Here are the most common types of injuries motorcyclists endure.
- Road Rash: During a motorcycle accident, you risk sliding against pavement, which can result in abrasion and lacerations on your skin. These injuries can increase your risk of infection, so prompt medical care is necessary.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Motorcyclists are in danger of suffering traumatic brain injuries if they hit their head against the pavement or another object during an accident. Wearing a helmet can protect your head in the event of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A personal injury lawyer in Towson, MD has represented many motorcycle accident victims with spinal cord injuries. These injuries can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
- Broken Bones: In an accident, motorcyclists can break bones in their hands, feet, legs, arms and hips. Broken bones cause excruciating pain and may require surgery to repair.
Schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Towson, MD today.